Men's Uncompahgre 2.0 Puffy Jacket
37.5 ACTIVE TECHNOLOGY INSULATION
Men's Uncompahgre 2.0 Puffy Jacket Details
- Outer Layer
- Updated fit for consistency across all styles
- Improved fabric package and styling
- Improved packability
- 37.5 by Cocona's Active Particle Technology in lining, insulation, and face fabric
- 2-way zippered coat pocket allows for the jacket to be packed into itself
- Insulated hood with draw cords
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- Constructed with biomechanically correct Shooter's Cut sleeves, shoulders and hood
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
- 3D Turret™ hood construction for maximized Field-of-View and Range of Motion
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Shooter Cut
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 20oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
First time with the uncompahgre, after hearing all the reviews. 1.0 ran big, I think the 2.0 is still a half size too big, even for layering.
The jacket is a home run. The redesigned fit is finally spot on! This jacket should, without question, be in everybody's arsenal. BOOM SHAKA LAKA!
I was nervous that the XL would be too big on me after seeing that some of you monsters are wearing medium and large; however, the XL fit me like a dream. Admittedly, I don't like my clothing to fit tight. I tried on the jacket with some layering and over just a t-shirt, both options were perfect for this size. Hood and sleeve lengths are on point, I can stretch all the way out with no restriction from the jacket. This thing is crazy light, comfortable as can be, and regulates body temp like a dream. Here in South Dakota our weather can be unpredictable, so this jacket will by my daily go-to. I would make this purchase again, no doubt.
Start by saying I have not used the 2.0 version of this jacket. I used the first version last year on a 7 day Colorado back country elk hunt. I am 5’8” and 205lbs and the large fit me perfect. The jacket is super light weight and very easy to pack and I was astounded with how warm it is. The temperature got down in the single digits and it kept me plenty warm. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 stars is it is not very durable. It’s the perfect jacket for sitting and glassing but if you are looking for a jacket to wear while busting through some brush than this isn’t the one you need. While standing around the camp fire at night, a very small spark landed on my sleeve and before I could brush it off it had burned a hole the size of a quarter in the sleeve. Other than that this jacket (like all of first life’s gear) is absolutely amazing.