Men's Kiln Long John Details
- Next to Skin
- Kiln 250 gsm Merino-X construction
- 17.5 micron, ultrafine merino wool
- Warm lofted interlock knit
- Jacquard waist band and functional fly
- Odor resistant and silent
- Next-to-skin fit and flatlock seams for maximum comfort and support
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology that exhausts moisture and helps maintain optimal core body temperature
- True to Size: purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- Machine wash, line dry
How It's Built
- Material: Merino-X
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Material Weight: 250 Midweight
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F (Active)
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
I bought the Kiln top and bottom to add to my kit as a base layer. The fit is good and the comfort is phenomenal. Quality from first lite is great. Very happy with everything I have bought from them.
Have used this for the last couple of months for fishing, hunting, scouting, and around the house. Like the length of the cut, soft feel of the merino wool, and overall fit. Good addition to their line of base layers as a midweight full length bottom.
Only wore about a half dozen times in one season, and already showing signs of premature wear. I sent pictures to First Lite, and they responded that it looked like normal wear. If this was normal wear, then this is an inferior garment and not worth the money. I have worn many brands of merino wool undergarments. None of them wore out this much in such a short time, and with minimal use. I am very disappointed.
The pattern between these and the Furnace zip-off long john is quite different. This one is about 1.5" shorter (M) in the front and does not feel comfortable because it is pulling on your crotch and pulling the waist band below your waist. I'm not certain why they are not consistent in their patterning. I brought this to their attention and they promptly sent me another pair, but they were the same which I expected. I don't know if there was a glitch in that lot or this is just the way this garment is patterned, but it is not good.
All of that being said, First Lite was very good about sending another pair promptly. Great customer service which is always appreciated.