Men's Wick Hoody
Ultralight 150 Aerowool
Men's Wick Hoody Details
- Next to Skin
- True to size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- 17.5 micron, ultrafine, Merino wool
- Easily concealable hood
- Ultralight 150gsm jersey knit fabric for hot weather
- Mesh vent panels to maximize ventilation
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology to exhaust moisture and maintain optimal core body temperature
- Ergonomic, loose-fitting hood to maintain airflow while providing concealment and protection from sun
- Modified raglan sleeve moves seams out from under backpack shoulder straps
- Ergonomic cuff with thumb loops
- Flatlock seams for next-to-skin comfort
- Machine wash, line dry
How It's Built
- Material: Aerowool
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Material Weight: 150 Ultralight
- Weight: 9oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
This shirt is perfect for just about anything. I run it as a base layer out west and run it as my regular shirt in Texas when temps are 100+. Awesome shirt, lightweight, and wicks moisture!
I am a ski patroller in Vermont as well as an avid elk and whitetail hunter. I use this piece as a base layer from 20-75 degrees while skiing and hunting and it keeps me comfortably warm in a wide range of temperatures. I use it for Spring Turkey season as my only layer on the warm days especially when running and gunning and it does the trick. I run cold so below 20 I tend to gravitate towards the Kiln. Huge fan of the hood, especially when I don't want to engage my co-workers;). I buy all of my First Lite wool one size larger because I know my wife will inevitably put it in the drier. Great to wear around town as well. No issues with smell after sweating profusely in it for days on end.
Goes on every hunt I do. Can be camp wear, first layer, or the only layer. I took this shirt and the chamerblin puffy to 11600 ft on a Colorado high country mule deer hunt. Wore it 6 days strait. Love it! Have 2 of them.
im not much of a hoodie guy, but i ordered this for the early season. low and behold, this has turned into a great all around layer, even the hood! nice and light, breathable and comfortable!
I got this piece as a Christmas gift and decided to bring it prairie dog hunting seeing how the weather was going to be 80+ with light cloud cover. It kept me from getting sunburn while keeping me cool in the sun all day. I used it as my only layer but this would be a perfect base layer for anything above 60. Light weight and ultra comfortable. Highly recommended if you are planning on hunting on warmer weather.