Men's Chamberlin Down Jacket
800 Fill 37.5 Active Down
Men's Chamberlin Down Jacket Details
- Insulated Outerwear
- Over 30% more down than the closest competitor
- Revolutionary, 800 fill-power 37.5-blended down
- Body-mapped, non-sewn thru, box baffle construction for maximum warmth
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology exhausts moisture and helps maintain optimal core body temperature
- Advanced DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- 3D Turret™ hood C187with box-baffle construction for maximized FOV and warmth
- High baffled collar locks in heat and protects your face from the cold
- Exterior cord routing for ease-of-adjustment without having to open the jacket and risk losing critical heat
- Articulated fit for enhanced range-of-motion
- Two internal mesh pockets
- Warm, tricot lined, zippered hand pockets
- Weight: 25 oz.
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 DownTek
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 25oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
Absolutely love this jacket, packable, lightweight and most importantly WARM! Just like everything FL sells, buy the size that you normally wear. I'm 6'1" about 210 and the Large fits me with all my base layers perfectly, no need to upsize for additional room. Used it glassing mule deer in windy and cold western KS this past season. Made sitting up on an exposed knob completely comfortable. Actually hardly had to wear it with my other FL gear even with the temps in the 20s and wind in the teens. As with any puffy, I wouldn't take it into the brambles, so I don't have a durability review but the construction is top notch as to be expected with this company
This is the perfect jacket for sitting and glassing when the temps dip below freezing. The insulation in the hood keeps your head very comfortable while glassing and the cut of the hood does not restrict your field of view. Jacket is bulky but compresses down very well. I paired the jacket up with a Kifaru large three-string stuff sack for storing the jacket in my pack while not using using it.
This thing is amazing. Definitely never leaving my pack. I have been looking for something to help on long cold glassing sessions and this jacket is a game changer. The more time behind glass the more animals on the ground, and I can honestly say this has improved my hunting. I wish I could wear it all the time just for how comfortable it is. I now carry it at all times in my pack as a sort of “safety blanket”. Throw it on with some rain gear and you’re good to stay the night away fromCamp if need be.
Just got back from an Alberta mule deer hunt where we saw temps as low as 5*F. This jacket performed amazingly and kept me warm the entire time. Whenever I got just a bit cold I'd throw this on and have instant warmth. Others in camp that had puffy jackets from other hunting brands were jealous as they felt the loft and warmth when trying this one on. One thing I will say, however, is that I would not plan on bringing this on a backpack hunt unless the temps were extremely cold. At just over 2 lbs. and just a little bit bulkier in the pack than I was expecting, this is a day hunt only jacket for me, but a dang great one at that.
This jacket seems on par with the sizing in First Lites lineup. Great fit on the arms with the cuffs fitting snug to keep the warm air in. The fill of this jacket is great but still compressible if you need to fit it in a pack. It just started getting cold in Idaho and I am excited about taking it out to the mountains soon!