Women's Brooks Down Sweater
800 FILL 37.5 ACTIVE DOWN
Women's Brooks Down Sweater Details
- Midlayer or Insulated Outerwear
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size
- 37.5 DownTek insulation - 800-fill power, 37.5-enhanced down fights off wetting of down clusters while also regulating body heat and moisture inside the jacket
- Advanced downproof, nylon shell repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Center-front Vislon #8482 zipper resists snagging and provides easy operation with gloved hands
- Articulated fit for enhanced range-of-motion
- Innovative, reach-up arm design utilizes underarm baffling to prevent the jacket from riding up when arms are raised
- Drop-tail hem provides added coverage to prevent drafts when glassing
- Superlight, single-pull adjustable Turret Hood
- Two hand pockets
- Two interior stash pockets
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 DownTek
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 10.5oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
I wore this in high wind and negative temperatures. I had one layer under and was perfectly warm hiking around. This jacket is so light, comfortable, warm and breathable. I wish there were pit zips, but this is my favorite jacket.
This jacket is fantastic. It weights nothing, but is really very warm. It is the perfect layering piece for my Catalyst jacket. It is quite different than the Aurora puffy in the fact that it doesn't feature some of the same details, like the draw cord at the bottom, or the brushed fleece hood that I like a lot about the Aurora. But the Brooks's pockets are really deep and durable when having a pack or a bino harness on. It feels really sturdy despite being so light. It packs down very well too. I did originally order the small, then exchanged it for the medium.. and then decided I like the small better. So, I would say to order your true size. Not having the draw cord at the bottom makes it a little roomier on the hips than I expected.
This jacket weighs absolutely nothing but is a great insulating layer that also provides some wind protection. Love the inner pockets and full hood. I ordered a small and is perfect to be able to layer up underneath. Super impressed. I like the fit much better than the aurora puffy that seems a bit short in the torso. This jacket will be in my pack for all hunting seasons and will be a great casual winter jacket as well. I hope they make the vest for women soon!
I love this jacket. It is warm and soft. However, the fabric is not durable at all. It pills easily and if a feather quill breaks through it creates a hole and you lose a lot of the down in that section. I would expect something that costs $300 and is outdoor/hunting designed to be a lot more durable.