Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket Details
- Fit: Your normal size will be on the roomy side of things--size down if you want a tighter fit
- Actual Weight: 17oz (Size Medium)
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Packs into it's own pocket when not in use
- Also features an insulated hood with draw cords
- Warmer than anything else in its weight class
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 by Cocona fabric uses Active Particle
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- Constructed with biomechanically correct Shooter's Cut sleeves, shoulders and hood
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
- 3D Turret™ hood construction for maximized Field-of-View and Range of Motion
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 21oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
Bought this jacket last October so haven't had a chance to hunt with it in Alaska yet, but was able to take it on a 7 day Montana Rifle elk hunt in the middle of November. This Jacket was amazing! I used it mostly as an outer layer in temperatures ranging from -5 to 40 degrees all week. With my normal underlayers and this jacket I was never cold. We were active hunting, hiking an average of 8 miles a day and never built up much sweat and sweat that did occur would evaporate within minutes. At -5 and dumping snow this Jacket kept me comfortable all day, although we hiked a lot that day it was the perfect balance for me. I would recommend this Jacket to any one the in the market for good insulation that actually controls sweat evaporation. I'm excited to use it in my home state of Alaska this season.
Love the puffy! For someone who never used a puffy before i was a bit skeptical. I can not believe how warm they really are. not that durable but with a little thinking ahead f the game your good! Love it
As with trying anything, you kinda wonder about price, and if it's going to work. This jacket blew me away how well it works. So I got one more, different camo. The pants are just as amazing. You put this set one and you feel like you've walked into a warm cabin and jumped under a cozy blanket. The wind is no more, been out in 25deg weather and 15mph+ winds and it shuts that down. I bow hunt in north Alabama and the range of movement is crazy. I pack it in inside a dry bag and can't tell it's back there. This jacket and everything I've gotten, and I've bought a lot this past year or so, has far past my expectations. VERY VERY happy with First Lite. 25 degs, windy as crap, the furnace paired with coragate guide, and the Uncompahgre did me great. Stay warm friends and mobile. You go First Lite, keep up the great work. Side note: PLEASE READ the reviews and disc. of what these garments are made for, Some work great busting brush, others are PACK IN insulation.
This jacket makes no sense. It’s light as a feather and feels flimsy, BUT it is incredibly warm. It stops average wind <10mph, I haven’t had a chance to test it in worse. It keeps me warm down into the 20s with only a normal t-shirt and flannel or a FL light weight crew and a Kiln. The hood is the key. Once you throw that bad boy up and cinch it down any heat that was escaping is trapped. Oh, it is also unbelievably comfortable. The extra y’all pockets are perfect for use with a backpack belt as well. Such a well thought out jacket. I was skeptical, but it was worth every penny.