Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket Details
- Fit: Your normal size will be on the roomy side of things--size down if you want a tighter fit
- Actual Weight: 17oz (Size Medium)
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Packs into it's own pocket when not in use
- Also features an insulated hood with draw cords
- Warmer than anything else in its weight class
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 by Cocona fabric uses Active Particle
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- Constructed with biomechanically correct Shooter's Cut sleeves, shoulders and hood
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
- 3D Turret™ hood construction for maximized Field-of-View and Range of Motion
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 17oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
After a chat with a FL employee, he recommended a medium for my size (6', 175). I ordered it in conifer so I had the option of wearing it hunting as well as during the winter to work, etc. I had a hard time believing how universally beloved this jacket was until I got my own. It really is that good. Worked well as an insulating layer on an unseasonable cold 1st rifle hunt in NW CO this year and I wear it pretty much every day to work. Love the light weight, the warmth, and the fit. I'll be buying one in black next time I catch a discount on one as black would work a little better as casual jacket color. The only issue I have had was the zipper snagging the material once when unzipping and in an effort to free it, I put a small hole in the outer fabric. Honestly, I knew it was a more delicate fabric and had expected to put a hole in it hunting by now, so I patched it with a piece of tenacious tape.I've had lots of positive comments on it when friends have tried it on and felt the weight of it. Had one friend who doesn't even hunt buy one in black to ski with.
I don't know how they do it, but they do. These jackets ROCK! It's my new everyday jacket here in MI. It's warm, comfortable, and flat out looks cool. Thanks again for the awesome piece of gear.
When my Uncompahgre arrived i thought there was no way it would keep me warm in the cold. I've had it out in a few different situations this fall/winter culminating in a 0 degree rabbit hunt this morning. Combined with a Chama EXP and a Klamath QZ I was comfortably warm for over two hours wandering through the sagebrush looking for jacks.
Perfect while sitting on a glassing point - just what I needed - plus it packs into it's own pocket and makes a great back country pillow.
Purchased this jacket because of the weight and great reviews. Beyond happy with it so far and definitely plan on buying more First Lite gear. The material is soft, comfortable and warm, but seems to be very durable. One thing that is very cool to me is how deep and big the pockets are.The cipher pattern is hands down the best pattern in my eyes. Can't wait to put it to the test on my next hunt.