Uncompahgre Insulated Vest
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Insulated Vest Details
- Insulated Outerwear
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Can be packed into its own pocket for storage or transport
- Synthetic fill with 37.5 Active Particle Technology moves moisture through the insulation to the outside
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 exterior fabric uses Active Particle Technology
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Cut to Wear Over Your Kit
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 13oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
This vest is really warm, it looks great, and the fit is acceptable. I'm 6ft, 225lbs, athletic build, and the XL has a little extra room, but I think the large would be tight. The problem? I caught this mildly on a corner of my stand ladder and before I knew it there was a huge rip (8"-10") in the fabric! Come on FirstLite! I understand that you are trying to make this lightweight, but use rip-stop! You charge exorbitant prices and this item is absolutely fragile. NO hunter needs that. Not in the east, Not in the west. Not anywhere. For wearing around town, 5 stars. For hunting, I'd give it zero if I could.
I didn't know how comfortable and warm it was going to be when I ordered it. But I was amazed once I put it to use out in the feilds. I highly recommend anything firstlite
This looks really good, and fits well. I really wanted to like it!
However, it just doesn't seem to DO anything. It doesn't seem to provide any meaningful insulation at all. I also agree with a previous reviewer's comment about the draw string - it isn't really fit for purpose.
However, once packed up, it is absolutely perfect as a rear bag for my long range rifle, which is what I now use it for. A bit expensive for this, though.
Overall, I think the product needs a rethink.
I think vests are underrated pieces of equipment. This is the first one I've tried and find myself reaching for it nearly every time I go in the woods. The sizing is a bit roomier, so if you want a more snug fit I recommend going a size down. I'm 5'10" and around 165lbs - the small was perfect.
I ordered a size L and it fit perfect over some layers and under my main jacket. Nice using a vest as it kept my core warm without the bulk in my arms. Not really a complaint by the First Lite letters are starting to peal off the back after only wearing it on a 4 day hunt, doesn't effect performance so not really a big deal.