Uncompahgre Insulated Vest
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Insulated Vest Details
- Insulated Outerwear
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Can be packed into its own pocket for storage or transport
- Synthetic fill with 37.5 Active Particle Technology moves moisture through the insulation to the outside
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 exterior fabric uses Active Particle Technology
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Cut to Wear Over Your Kit
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 13oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
I loved the Uncompahgre Jacket so much I had to have this vest. I got it in a med for close snug fit. I wear it over my first and or second layers before I put my Coragate jacket on, to have more flexibility getting to the stand. My core stays so warm I don't need anything else most of the time. And guys, again. PLEASE read the reviews and description on what these garments are made for. I cover my vest walking in the woods with another jacket, or pack my Uncompahgre stuff to the tree. Heck it's to hot walking in with it on. Take care of this stuff and it will take care of you.
I didn't know how comfortable and warm it was going to be when I ordered it. But I was amazed once I put it to use out in the feilds. I highly recommend anything firstlite
I think vests are underrated pieces of equipment. This is the first one I've tried and find myself reaching for it nearly every time I go in the woods. The sizing is a bit roomier, so if you want a more snug fit I recommend going a size down. I'm 5'10" and around 165lbs - the small was perfect.
I ordered a size L and it fit perfect over some layers and under my main jacket. Nice using a vest as it kept my core warm without the bulk in my arms. Not really a complaint by the First Lite letters are starting to peal off the back after only wearing it on a 4 day hunt, doesn't effect performance so not really a big deal.
On a recent Western Nebraska Antelope and Mule Deer hunt, this was a new addition to the gear. A GREAT piece of gear. Sizing guidance was right on - 5'10" 215 lbs, 48" Chest and the Large fits perfectly to be able to layer over. The warmth to weight ratio for this is one of if not the best of any insulating layer I own.