Uncompahgre Insulated Vest
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Insulated Vest Details
- Insulated Outerwear
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Can be packed into its own pocket for storage or transport
- Synthetic fill with 37.5 Active Particle Technology moves moisture through the insulation to the outside
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 exterior fabric uses Active Particle Technology
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Cut to Wear Over Your Kit
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 13oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
I think vests are underrated pieces of equipment. This is the first one I've tried and find myself reaching for it nearly every time I go in the woods. The sizing is a bit roomier, so if you want a more snug fit I recommend going a size down. I'm 5'10" and around 165lbs - the small was perfect.
I ordered a size L and it fit perfect over some layers and under my main jacket. Nice using a vest as it kept my core warm without the bulk in my arms. Not really a complaint by the First Lite letters are starting to peal off the back after only wearing it on a 4 day hunt, doesn't effect performance so not really a big deal.
On a recent Western Nebraska Antelope and Mule Deer hunt, this was a new addition to the gear. A GREAT piece of gear. Sizing guidance was right on - 5'10" 215 lbs, 48" Chest and the Large fits perfectly to be able to layer over. The warmth to weight ratio for this is one of if not the best of any insulating layer I own.
Was a bit skeptical about a vest. I decided to give this a try and I'm telling you this vest is nice! The vest fits great, kept my core warm with out having to worry about the bulkiness of a coat. Worked perfectly for an outdoor archery tournament on a cold windy day. Thanks First Lite for a great product!
This is just a review re: fit. I read the note about it being sized the same as the unpronounceable jacket and figured I'd like a vest to be fairly fitted (both for wear out/around town, as well as a layering option to fit under outer layers). I'm 6'1", 200-205ish, wear size 35 jeans and usually only wear larges, but ordered a medium. It's definitely slightly snug, but that's what I wanted, should work great as an outer layer over a flannel on cool days in the fall around town, and fits well under a catalyst jacket in large. If you're on the border line between two sizes or want a somewhat tailored look, go down a size.