NEMO Spike Tent
1 Person, 3 Season
NEMO Spike Tent Details
Unique design allows for setup with a trekking pole (not included). Reinforced pole pocket with attached pole sleeve houses the trekking pole handle. Premium 30D Nylon Ripstop is coated on both sides with a silicone treatment for increased strength and weatherproof protection. Packs small into the included stuff sack.
- Minimum Weight (lb, oz-kg): 1 lb , 8 oz / 694 g
- Packed Weight (lb, oz-kg): 1 lb , 13 oz / 828 g
- Packed Size (in-cm): 11.0 x 5.0 in diameter / 28 x 13 cm diameter
- Peak Height (in-cm): 42 in / 106.68 cm
- Floor Dimensions (in-cm): 80 x 38/27 in / 204 x 99.7/67.3 cm
- Floor Area (sq f - sq m): 18.3 sq ft / 1.7 sq m
- Vestibule Area (sq ft- sq m): 5.2 sq ft / 0.5 sq m
- Canopy Fabric: 30D Sil/Sil Nylon Ripstop (1500 mm)
- Floor Fabric: 30D Sil/Sil Nylon Ripstop (1200 mm)
- Tent Pole Description: 3 struts 6.3mm poles
- Includes 6 Nemo Y Tent Stakes: 0.55 oz / 15.59 g per stake
- Includes interior light pocket and drawstring stuff sack
How It's Built
- Material: Other
- Weight: 21oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
I had planned an elk hunt in Utah with a friend who has done some serious backpacking. The hunt was planned for 10K feet plus ASL, and I knew I needed some decent gear for the trip. We hiked in around 1100 and arrived at our pre determined "base camp" at around 1600; about 15 minutes before it started pouring rain. I got this tent step in about 10 minutes, got inside, and got my gear under the vestibule. Shortly after the heavy rain started we endured heavy wind, with gusts up around 40 mph. The Nemo Spike tent saved my a** from getting soaked, and helped to keep me warm and dry. My gear stayed dry as well, and I didn't have any of the elements inside the tent with me. That night it was down below freezing temps. I had ice outside of my tent, but I was, again, dry inside. I don't think I could have asked for any better performance from this tent, especially with this kind of weather on the first outing.
I did experience a little condensation in the tent, but nothing major.
I also ordered this tent 3 days before I left. I called First Lite and they had it on a FedEx truck the same day. I couldn't have asked for better service from these guys. I'll definitely be buying some more gear from First Lite in the future!!!
I really wish there was a way to keep moisture out of this tent. I used it for 6 days in the Olympic peninsula and it hadn’t rained but I woke up soaked. The condensation collection on the inside resulted in puddles by morning. Could be user error but I’ve slept many styles and haven’t ever been this wet. Maybe first or Eno could shed some light on this issue.