NEMO Scout 20 Sleeping Bag
PrimaLoft RISE Synthetic Insulation
NEMO Scout 20 Sleeping Bag Details
Leveraging Primaloft’s environmentally-conscious RISE, Scout™ is insulated with 80% PCR (post-consumer recycled content) to increase heat retention and compressibility for a packed size similar to down. Premium Primaloft™ RISE synthetic insulation offers the best blend of warmth retention, moisture resistance, and packed volume. 20D Nylon Ripstop and 30D Nylon Taffeta fabrics bring comfort to the high country. Thermo Gills™ allow you to vent body heat without letting cold drafts in and extends the bag’s temperature range by approximately +20°F.
- Minimum Weight (Short / Regular / Long): 2lb, 8 oz / 2 lb , 11 oz / 3 lbs
- Packed Size (Short / Regular / Long): 13 x 8 in diameter / 13.5 x 9.5 in dia / 13.5 x 9.5 in dia
- Stuff Sack Volume (Short / Regular / Long): 10.3 / 15.3 L / 15.3 L
- Compressed Volume (Short / Regular / Long): 7.9 / 8.8 / 9.7
- Fill Weight (Short / Regular / Long): 760 g / 810g / 900g
- Sleeping Bag Shape: Mummy
- Insulation: PrimaLoft RISE 80% PCR
- Gender: Unisex
- Sizing (fits up to): Short (66 in/168 cm) Regular (72 in/183 cm), Long ( 78 in/ 198 cm)
- Includes compression stuff sack and mesh storage bag
- Thermo Gills™
How It's Built
- Material: Other
- Weight: 43oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 20F - 45F
This sleeping bag impressed me quite a bit. I'm not a backpacking hunter, as I usually am able to truck camp where I hunt. I bought this for an overnight elk hunt, though. As soon as I opened the box you see an awesome mesh bag to keep the fill in good shape. The sleeping bag itself is very light, the camo looks super cool, and its made with the quality FirstLite has made us accustomed to, as well as the top-notch quality that Nemo brings to the table.
Everything is quality, from start to finish. zippers, design, head hood, everything. Personally, since I had never been in a backpacking bag, I am going to have to get used to the tight fit. I'm 5' 8" and 230lbs. So the gut made the bag tighter than it needed to be, but that's my own problem. The straght-leg, on your back sleeping will take some getting used to - but none of those were issues related to the bag itself.
It stuffs down pretty small, I forget what dimensions the website says it packs down to, but those seem to be spot on. If you are looking for a backpacking sleeping bag that won't break the bank, I think this is your best bet! FirstLite and Nemo made a great product here, and the cool camo w/ hunter orange is hard to beat. Happy hunting, friends! -Tyler