Obsidian Foundry Pant Details
- Outerwear Pant
- Care Instructions: Wash in cold water only, tumble dry low 5 minutes to remove wrinkles, and hang dry to finish. If possible, hang dry only.
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size to wear under or over other layers
- Updated suspenders included (2 anchor points)
- Mid-weight ripstop merino wool panels manage microclimate, remain silent, and are resistant to odor causing bacteria
- Durable Corrugate Guide nylon panels reinforce key abrasion zones on the seat, knees, leg, cuff, and crotch gusset
- Built-in stretch provides ease of movement in the field
- Articulated fit for optimized range of motion
- Removable suspender system improves fit and keep pants sitting comfortably when wearing a heavy pack
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- DWR treated nylon
- Triple needle construction
- Closed crown paracord pull zippers reduce hardware noise
- Dual back pockets with zippered security
How It's Built
- Material: Merino Wool Blend + Nylon Spandex
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 21oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 20F - 45F (Active)
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
I bought these pants for rifle elk season in Utah. I can’t recommend them enough! We had several inches of snow with pretty cold weather (around 19 degrees F). I ordered a size larger than normal to accommodate base layers and to tuck in shirts. The suspenders were great and didn’t make me uncomfortable while carrying my pack.
Took them to Colorado on Elk hunt. Warm and comfortable!
Wore these elk hunting in CO last week, morning temps fluctuated between 15-25 degrees and 35-50 as a high. I layered with merino wool long Johns underneath, the pants kept me warm at temps above 25-30 degrees depending on how much you layer. In hindsight more layering or a better rated pant for cold weather would have been ideal, however these are tough, durable, stayed up nice and extremely comfortable. Would very much recommend. One note I usually wear a size 38, I got 40’s and they were just a little smaller than I would have liked, got 42’s and they were a little on the large side. Suspenders the pant comes with and first lite belt helped with that.
Obsidian Foundry Pant
Have used the hard so far this season. Very comfortable and no durability issues even in thick stuff. Got some gaiters 2 weeks ago as added protection also.
After about 5 minutes of wearing you kinda forget about them. Not used to wearing suspenders and I can barely notice them after 5 min of hiking. No complaints. Solid pants.
I wore these around the clock for a 6 day high country elk hunt in snow. They’re great to hike and sleep in. Surprisingly light weight and plenty warm. Most days I was climbing over deadfall and these give great range of motion. They dry quickly when wet and don’t pick up stink. My only concern is durability. they tore pretty readily when snagged crossing a deadfall and a spark from the campfire burned a hole clear through. First lite is sending me patches so I can gladly live with an occasional patch job for the great functionality I get from these.
Wore these pants for the whole month of September while guiding elk and deer hunts in Colorado… These pants let you move freely and keep the wind out so it doesn’t hit your legs… really comfortable to hike and hunt in… Also keep you dry and warm…
Obsidian Foundry Pant