Zero Cold Weather OTC Sock
HEAVYWEIGHT MERINO SOCK
Zero Cold Weather OTC Sock Details
- Sizing: Size 10 and under should order Size SM/MD. Sizes 10 and up should order Size LG/XL
- 68% merino, 30% nylon, 2% spandex
- Wool blend offers warm, odor-resistant comfort whether dry or wet
- High loft, insulating knit for cold weather
- Flat knit toe seam prevents chafing and hot spots
- Over-the-calf length fit extends to base of knee
- Increased durability in high-abrasion areas
How It's Built
- Material: Merino Wool Blend
- Cut: Accessory
- Primary Uses:
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 4oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
These socks are very comfortable even without any liner sock. I would suggest that if you are stalking or have a long walk to the treestand that you wear a liner sock just for additional wicking. I am 6'4" 237lbs and wear a size 14 boot, these socks are tall, very tall. They came up almost to my knee, keep that in mind when buying them. Bottom line, warm, tall, comfortable socks.
Purchased these, along with the Kiln long boxer briefs, for a recent Colorado elk hunt. While it was a warm season these basically doubled as a second insulating layer, and some days I did not even start the morning out with long johns. I will definitely be ordering some more, and wearing them on colder winter days around town as well.
Much warmer than the mtn athlete compression sock. They kept me warm on a early November deer hunt in CO this year with uninsulated boots on.
I wore these the other day knowing it was going to get down below 50 degrees. I paired them with some boots that have zero insulation and I was sweating by the time I got to my stand. The merino did a great job of wicking it away and my feet stayed comfortable and warm all night. Highly recommend these for cooler nights.