Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket Details
- Fit: Your normal size will be on the roomy side of things--size down if you want a tighter fit
- Actual Weight: 17oz (Size Medium)
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Packs into it's own pocket when not in use
- Also features an insulated hood with draw cords
- Warmer than anything else in its weight class
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 by Cocona fabric uses Active Particle
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- Constructed with biomechanically correct Shooter's Cut sleeves, shoulders and hood
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
- 3D Turret™ hood construction for maximized Field-of-View and Range of Motion
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 17oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
This jacket is money well spent. It's not your typical puffy either, it does have a little space in the chest which is perfect for tossing on after a hike to maintain that heat when it's a bit colder. It also double as a back country pillow so you can save some space and money to buy a second one. Why? because like me you'll love this thing and want one to have for hunting and daily wear in the colder months. I wear this jacket for kids sporting events when it's colder out and even went through a little rain with it and the DWR outer shell keep all the moisture off.
I love this jacket, I use it in the field and around town. I get compliments out and about, and when I'm hunting it preforms great.
This jacket fits perfect and I'm surprised by how light it is. Looking forward to testing it out in cold weather to see how it performs.
Very warm for a thinner athletic fitting down jacket. It fits me well and I have relatively long arms. Packs down to a fairly small size
So, I hate to compare stuff across companies, because I am a fan of both First Lite, Sitka, Skre, and other product lines. But as soon as I tried out this jacket matching overalls, I put my Sitka Fanatic gear on Ebay. I love the fanatic line--always have...but this stuff surpasses it. Its just as warm, but lighter. It is just as quiet, but doesn't grab burrs like the fanatic. And did I mention it was lighter? It has as many bells and whistles, and even though I love the front pocket on the Fanatic, the Uncompaghre pockets are well designed, particularly for wearing a safety harness. I haven't used it bowhunting yet, but I can tell that it won't bind and cause issues for late season hunts. It kept me fantastically warm, in fact in the teens I would have to unzip a bit if I had too many base layers on. I would NOT want to run around in this piece--its for stand hunting. And I carried it in with me to the stand, as I did with the fanatic. But once you get there, it is pure bliss.