Men's Wick Hoody
Ultralight 150 Aerowool
Men's Wick Hoody Details
- Next to Skin
- True to size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- 17.5 micron, ultrafine, Merino wool
- Easily concealable hood
- Ultralight 150gsm jersey knit fabric for hot weather
- Mesh vent panels to maximize ventilation
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology to exhaust moisture and maintain optimal core body temperature
- Ergonomic, loose-fitting hood to maintain airflow while providing concealment and protection from sun
- Modified raglan sleeve moves seams out from under backpack shoulder straps
- Ergonomic cuff with thumb loops
- Flatlock seams for next-to-skin comfort
- Machine wash, line dry
- Naturally UV absorbent to eliminate shine
How It's Built
- Material: Aerowool
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Material Weight: 150 Ultralight
- Weight: 9oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
This is a great base layer or warm weather layer. I originally ordered large (which is my normal Size for other FL products) and had to return it and order and XL. The XL fits great. My only complaint is the hood. It’s really tight, especially if you’re wearing a hat. I wish the hood was a more loose fit along the lines of a fishing hoody from Simms or Orvis. Hoodies like that are clutch for long hours in the sun. I think it would also help break up your outline better for camouflage purposes.
I loved the fit, feel, and functionality of the shirt. The marino wool is light and comfortable. I like to use a hooded long-sleeve even in the heat of summer to stay protected from the sun. I found this shirt perfect for warm September early elk days. In the colder mornings it was the perfect base layer and in the heat of the day the marino wool was perfect for keeping you dry. I think you will be hard pressed to find a better hunting shirt.
Wore this for the first time for the Tx Dove opener Sept 1. Low 90s with some wind. The hoody ventilated well. I was never overly hot even in direct sun. This has now made the “don’t leave home without it” list!
I wore this as a base layer for 8 straight days on a DIY caribou hunt 150 miles north of the arctic circle in Alaska. This hoody never left my body day or night. I have never wore anything that breathes as well as that hoody does. A must have.
This is the foundation of my system regardless of the time of year, temperature, or weather conditions. The hood is perfect for concealment and sun protection but is also surprisingly effective at keeping wind off your neck in the tree stand even though it’s ultralight. I’ll flip the hood up and put a beanie over it when it’s cold out which makes for a non-restrictive and super warm combo. When you don’t want the hood in your way it’s thin enough that almost forget it’s there. Highly recommended piece.