Men's Wick Hoody
Ultralight 150 Aerowool
Men's Wick Hoody Details
- Next to Skin
- True to size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- 17.5 micron, ultrafine, Merino wool
- Easily concealable hood
- Ultralight 150gsm jersey knit fabric for hot weather
- Mesh vent panels to maximize ventilation
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology to exhaust moisture and maintain optimal core body temperature
- Ergonomic, loose-fitting hood to maintain airflow while providing concealment and protection from sun
- Modified raglan sleeve moves seams out from under backpack shoulder straps
- Ergonomic cuff with thumb loops
- Flatlock seams for next-to-skin comfort
- Machine wash, line dry
- Naturally UV absorbent to eliminate shine
How It's Built
- Material: Aerowool
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Material Weight: 150 Ultralight
- Weight: 9oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
I love this piece for layering with my FL short sleeve. However, the hood goes over my left eye unless I’m wearing a hat. The right side rises up a bit. I’ve tried to stretch it and thought would resolve itself. Unfortunately, I have to constantly adjust it to no be a pirate eye patch. Wish I would have exchanged it from the get go. Seems to be a stitching issue and not what you’d expect when paying this much. I still stand behind FL and put it on myself for not returning immediately.
Freaking great love wool.
This is hands down the most versatile piece FL offers. I spend most if not almost every day at some point wearing one of my wick hoodies. The wick is light enough to be worn alone in the early spring hunts and thin enough that layering over top is not cumbersome. If you are at a point in the season where you think you might need a step up in weight, just move up to the wicks bigger brother the kiln and you'll be happy.
I wore this liking the La Luz trail in NM a week ago and it performed flawlessly! It kept me surprisingly warm (not too warm) for such a light weight material. It also dried out extremely quickly once we ended our hike. I couldn’t be happier with this product and I look forward to using this as an early season top next season!