Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket
37.5 Active Technology Insulation
Uncompahgre Puffy Insulated Jacket Details
- Fit: Your normal size will be on the roomy side of things--size down if you want a tighter fit
- Actual Weight: 17oz (Size Medium)
- Lightweight, warm and extremely compressible
- Packs into it's own pocket when not in use
- Also features an insulated hood with draw cords
- Warmer than anything else in its weight class
- DWR exterior repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Exclusive 37.5 by Cocona fabric uses Active Particle
- Built-in stretch for complete range of motion
- Constructed with biomechanically correct Shooter's Cut sleeves, shoulders and hood
- All zippers, pockets, closures and adjustments quietly managed on-the-move and do not interfere with targeting
- 3D Turret™ hood construction for maximized Field-of-View and Range of Motion
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 Synthetic Insulation
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 21oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
This jacket is super warm and well constructed but fits much larger than your normal size- especially in the chest. Unfortunately I live in Canada and shipping is expensive so I couldn’t justify returning it. Looks like the sizing issues have been looked at in the 2.0. Just wish I’d waited a bit.
I'm going to keep this short and sweet buy the jacket! great product you wont be sorry. I'm going to switch out all my hunting gear for first light gear. Thank you for the great gear.
Good jacket but understand why there is a 2.0 coming out. I ordered a size large and it was on the looser side...even after layering with wool tee next-to-skin and Sawtooth jacket (size large) on top. I believe the issue will be/has been addressed with the Uncompahgre 2.0, based on the note at the bottom of the 2.0 product page. That was my only issue!
Let's be clear about this jacket...it's not a brush busting jacket. Don't expect to go romping through heavy brush thinking it's going to hold up like dadgum rhino skin. Pack it up into its internal pocket, throw it in your pack, get where you're going, treestand/box stand/ground blind/glassing setup/etc., unpack it and then throw it on to stay warm. That is where this jacket shins. This jacket is very lightweight yet warm. You'll love that it is packable and truthfully, it doubles as a very nice pillow. Deep pockets will easily fit hands with oversized gloves.
Overall Score - 7.5 (scale of 10)
Pros: It's a warm jacket. You can feel the heat almost right away when you put it on.
Cons: 1) When I first got it, I noticed the external material seemed delicate. I bought a camo pattern to use in the field for spot & stalk hunting, but I was scared to use it in the field due to risk of any tears, so I mainly wore it for recreational use. When I finally got more confidence to take it to the field, it ripped on the first hunt by rubbing up against an OAK tree. Should have stuck with my gut. I would have been happy with it if I bought it to sit around a fire or maybe hunt from a blind, but I was expecting better quality. Return policy prevents any return for this reason.
2) Fusion camo does not match other First Lite pieces. Material differences create different shades of colors.
Highly recommend this jacket. I wanted a lightweight jacket I could wear and not worry about weight if I packed it away, so I tried this one. I liked it so much I bought a second to take to Afghanistan with me (can't bring camo in as a civilian). I wear this thing everyday, its sh9ved in crazy places, drug in the dirt, has been stepped on numerous times. The moon dust over here just wipes right off. Temps hover in the 20s t night and im always plenty warm. The pockets are wonderful, and hood keeps the cold off my ears when I wear it. 10/10 would recommend. When I'm home i live up in the mountains and this thing hoes everywhere with me fall-spring. If youre on the fence whether you should get one, do it!