Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket
300g Merino-X with DWR Nylon
Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket Details
- This is a highly versatile piece designed to be worn either as your final, outer layer in chilly to moderate temperatures or as a layering component under insulation or rain protection.
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- Actual Weight: 20oz (Size Large)
- 20.5 micron, superfine, Merino-X wool
- 300gsm midweight interlock merino fabric
- Body mapped insulation through chest and upper arms - 60g 37.5 insulation
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology enhances our insulation to help maintain optimal core body temperature
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Zippered, chest stash pocket
- Ergonomic hood
- Full zip front
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
Available in men's sizes: SM, MD, LG, XL, XXL
Machine Wash Cold and Hang Dry
How It's Built
- Material: Merino-X
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 18oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
I bought this jacket to add to my small collection of FirstLite gear. I ran it over my medium Kiln Hoody to offset the slightly cold spring mornings in the turkey meadows of central Idaho. With that, the jacket was a tad bit small in the sleeves and in the back. But I only notice how snug everything is when I first don the jacket. So far, I have used it for spring turkeys, but I do plan to make this a must for fall deer and elk. Packs easy and feels lighter in weight compared to my Kiln Hoody. The back of the jacket is thin with no padding to prevent sweating when wearing a pack. Which is awesome! But, if I were to buy it again, I would go either a size up on the jacket or order my Kiln Hoody a size smaller.
The pattern looked great, the materials felt great and the performance for a very cold day was perfect. First day out with it got into a good turkey so no complaints so far. 100% recommend to anyone thinking of buying it. I made the mistake when I ordered it of thinking I want a tighter fit. Just order your actually size and it will already be that athletic fit. I went with a small if you’re around my size I would go medium.
This is my favorite piece. Perfect as an outer layer with a light base layer underneath when there is a little bite in the air, or as a mid layer when temperatures start to plummet. I wore the sawtooth from Mid - Late season in TX and KS, and it will no doubt be in my pack when I chase elk in Sept. Everything I have purchased from First Lite has been of exceptional quality and no doubt improved my efficiency in the field.
Two weeks after I purchased the coat the sleeve cuffs began to unravel. It appears this is a common issue with jacket and thumbholes. It is a good piece and provides good warmth and wind repellency, but the stitching is really sub-par. The coat is made in Vietnam and I am not sure how much quality control First Lite maintains over the construction.
I’ve been wearing this while Arkansas decides between winter and spring and it’s phenomenal. Breaths great while hiking in the hills but really kept the wind out good and kept me plenty warm. I wrapped my daughter in it during a break on a hike to block the wind and she was very content.