Obsidian Merino Pants Details
- Next to Skin
- Care Instructions: Wash in cold water only, tumble dry low 5 minutes to remove wrinkles, and hang dry to finish. If possible, hang dry only.
- 88% merino wool, 2% ballistic ripstop nylon, 1.5% polyester, 8.5% spandex
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- Merino-nylon midweight woven ripstop fabric
- Body-mapped stretch nylon reinforcement
- Belt and suspender loops (suspenders included)
- Naturally odor resistant
- Extremely quiet--ideal for both spot and stalk and stationary hunting
- Naturally UV absorbent to eliminate shine and fire-resistant
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
How It's Built
- Material: Woven Ripstop Merino Blend
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 22oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
These pants are exactly what I needed in an early season whitetail hunting setup. They fit great, are comfortable and the suspenders are a lice added touch.
I currently own 2 pairs of the Obsidian pant and have used them from chasing antelope in triple digit temperatures and white tails this fall. It’s a solid all around hunting pant that super quiet, breathable, and works exceptionally with layering when needed
Love them, very quiet and warm, holds up decently the rain. All and all best hunting pants/clothes I've ever owned.
Obsidian Merino Pants
The pants are very comfortable and flexible. Normally wear size 34x34 and the mediums fit well. Might be a touch snug around the thighs.
The fit and weight of the Obsidian merino pants is perfect for early season Texas whitetail and I'd venture to say they'll do well into mid season as well. I've made a few hunts from mid 40s to our hot 85-90° afternoons this year and they seem to be spot on. Great fit, finish and seem to be pretty durable while still being surprisingly quiet.
Bought several pieces from First Lite this season and it is the first hunting clothing I have owned not from Walmart or Academy Sports. Very impressed with these pants so far. I live in Arkansas and stayed cool wearing them on half mile walks in low 80 degree temps, and they kept warm while temps fell into the low 60s. Will see how they do when the chills of November come but so far I am very impressed. They pants fit very well (I am a 36x32 and the Large fits nicely) and are very comfortable. Durability also seems to be on point and love the look of the Specter pattern
Great pants, having the suspenders is nice, just don't make the mistake I did. If you don't size up the thighs will be too tight I promise you. I believe Troy mentions this as well in the reviews for this pant.
**make sure you go a size up from whatever size you wear in the corrugate**