Men's Brooks Down Sweater
800 FILL 37.5 ACTIVE DOWN
Men's Brooks Down Sweater Details
- Midlayer or Insulated Outerwear
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size
- 37.5 DownTek insulation - 800-fill power, 37.5-enhanced down fights off wetting of down clusters while also regulating body heat and moisture inside the jacket
- Advanced downproof, nylon shell repels snow/rain and blocks wind
- Center-front Vislon #8482 zipper resists snagging and provides easy operation with gloved hands
- Articulated fit for enhanced range-of-motion
- Innovative, reach-up arm design utilizes underarm baffling to prevent the jacket from riding up when arms are raised
- Drop-tail hem provides added coverage to prevent drafts when glassing
- Superlight, single-pull adjustable Turret Hood
- Two hand pockets
- Two interior stash pockets
How It's Built
- Material: 37.5 DownTek
- Cut: Athletic
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Weight: 10.9oz.
Where to Use
- Temperature Range:
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
I've been wearing this piece for the past few months around town, hunting, and fishing, and it has exceeded my expectations. The fit is perfect and it is just the right balance of weight and warmth. Its kept me warm but not overheated when active, and warm when standing waist deep in the river swinging flies. I have other jackets and soft shells but always find myself reaching for the Brooks.
This is a great piece for any hunt. I have been using it since late September in central BC. It’s light weight and packs down to almost nothing. I it caught in a squall with a buddy wearing another recognizable brand. I was warm and was able to wait it out to continue glassing. He wasn’t as comfortable. After the snow quit, the brooks dried quickly. If that is how 37.5 works, it’s worth having.
Purchased this piece for coastal ocean and river fishing. Fits nicely under raingear or chest waders. I have used it on the river for both Spring and Fall fisheries, sitting all day in a cold drift boat, or wading while fishing. Warm and comfortable while casting, etc. I highly recommend this piece. Lightweight, packable, and well constructed.
This jacket is a perfect lightweight ans warm puffy that can roll from town to the field in a hearbeat. Thus far it is durable. If buying for a outer layer or to go over multiple under layers order one size up as I wish I had done.
After years of neglecting my hunting attire, I decided it was time to upgrade. I am doing more traveling now than ever whether it is via two wheels or hiking so layering is becoming my new best friend. This jacket fits great! Its also light enough to where I can throw it into my pack and run just a shell or bring it out when I sit for additional layering!