Obsidian Foundry Pant Details
- Outerwear Pant
- Care Instructions: Wash in cold water only, tumble dry low 5 minutes to remove wrinkles, and hang dry to finish. If possible, hang dry only.
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size to wear under or over other layers
- Updated suspenders included (2 anchor points)
- Mid-weight ripstop merino wool panels manage microclimate, remain silent, and are resistant to odor causing bacteria
- Durable Corrugate Guide nylon panels reinforce key abrasion zones on the seat, knees, leg, cuff, and crotch gusset
- Built-in stretch provides ease of movement in the field
- Articulated fit for optimized range of motion
- Removable suspender system improves fit and keep pants sitting comfortably when wearing a heavy pack
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- DWR treated nylon
- Triple needle construction
- Closed crown paracord pull zippers reduce hardware noise
- Dual back pockets with zippered security
How It's Built
- Material: Merino Wool Blend + Nylon Spandex
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 21oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- 20F - 45F (Active)
- 45F - 60F
- 60F - 80F
- Above 80F
I’m very pleased with the performance of my new First Lite suit after being able to use it extensively over the past couple of weeks in the varying range of weather we have in the North East for Spring turkey hunting. I’ve found it to be very comfortable all day and much quieter than my last suit (but not silent). I was initially concerned that the pants could not be ordered to an exact length but the extra length and stretch of the material made a perfect and complete fit over my boots. I ordered my usual size and it was roomy enough to add or shed layers underneath in the varying temperatures (ranged from 35F - 65F).
Pros: very comfortable, quick dry, tear resistant, roomy flex fabric stretches over boots and permits layering, plenty of pockets. Cons: quieter but not silent, would like the ability to adjust the wrist tighter so sleeves don’t slide down over hands. Color match between pants and jacket was noticeably different but close enough(tech support said it’s normal due to different dye lots).
Overall a big upgrade over my older suit, very satisfied.
So far so good! Haven't used the new gear in terrible weather, yet but everything seems to perform as expected or better.
I recently purchased these pants and wore them turkey hunting. Double side pockets are very nice. Ordered my normal pants size amd the fit was great. Theyre very comfortable. The only negative i have is that the merino sections have caught on thorns and caused snags. I plan on wearing these in the fall as well, and paired with a heavier base layer could probaly keep you warm through most of the season until the temps really start to drop.
I find myself wearing these as everyday pants more than for specific outdoor uses. Good for hiking and general field wear.
I was really excited to try these out, as the obsidians are bar none my favorite hunting pants I own. I have not experienced any of the durability issues with the originals that some folks complain about but an upgrade is exciting nonetheless. When I received the foundry’s I was surprised to see just how much of the merino wool material has been replaced. The original obsidians are virtually silent in the woods and even with some use and a few washes the foundry’s are a bit louder when moving around than I’d like. Regardless of that particular complaint, they are still great pants and I guess a little more durable for the folks whose thighs rub together when they walk.
In regard to sizing, I’m tall and lean, with a true pant size of 32/34 and I found that I definitely needed to size up the waist in the foundry’s to a 34 to allow for comfortable layering.
Obsidian Foundry Pant
Used these for early archery elk as well as late season deer in AZ. Fit great, comfortable, quiet and the right amount of stretch for all day hiking.
Comfortable. Perfect for my needs, the suspenders are fantastic!
First Lite has definitely set the standard.
I’m a photographer, so I’ve been wearing these pants in environments from mountain hikes to National mall Museums to flying up to Alaska to cover Arctic training to even rolling them up looking for fossilized sharks teeth in the Atlantic Ocean. Temps have ranged from 80’s to almost 0°F and they’ve been awesome.. Only complaint is some of the zipper pull string came off along the way, but that’s easily replaced with microcord.