Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket
300g Merino-X with DWR Nylon
Sawtooth Hybrid Jacket Details
- This is a highly versatile piece designed to be worn either as your final, outer layer in chilly to moderate temperatures or as a layering component under insulation or rain protection.
- True to Size: Purchase your normal size to wear over or under other layers
- Actual Weight: 20oz (Size Large)
- 20.5 micron, superfine, Merino-X wool
- 300gsm midweight interlock merino fabric
- Body mapped insulation through chest and upper arms - 60g 37.5 insulation
- Exclusive 37.5 Active Particle Technology enhances our insulation to help maintain optimal core body temperature
- Stays warm whether dry or wet
- Zippered, chest stash pocket
- Ergonomic hood
- Full zip front
- Covered by First Lite's Warranty
Available in men's sizes: SM, MD, LG, XL, XXL
Machine Wash Cold and Hang Dry
How It's Built
- Material: Merino-X
- Primary Uses:
- Spot & Stalk
- Tree Stand
- Weight: 18oz.
Where to Use
- Pacific Northwest
- Temperature Ranges:
- Below 20F
- 20F - 45F
- 45F - 60F
This is my second, and updated review. After a full turkey season with limited use, and a full deer season in GA the quality (or lack of) has been revealed. So the first few uses the seam on the wrist of the sleeve Just by the thumb hole started coming undone, it has since grew to about 2 inches, but seems to have stopped, I should have sent it back for replacement immediately but didn’t. After pretty heavy use in deer season the right and chest pocket zippers have both blown out. Now I used his jacket pretty heavily as an outer layer for cold mornings in turkey season, and for still hunting and walking to the stand. Kept me warm on active hunts with just a wool base underneath down into very windy 30s. I also relied on this as a mid layer once in the stand. This would be a 5 star review if the jacket lasted, but this thing needs a redesign. The shoulders are very tight, the stitching needs to be more robust, and the zippers need a major help.
I love this jacket. It’s perfect for 50’s+ but the the stitching on both sleeves have ripped at the seams on the wrist. The stitching is very weak. I sewed it back up myself but this jacket would be perfect if not for this one minor flaw.
I am satisfied with this product when you understand it is intended to be used by an active backpack hunter. Works great for me with backpack or harness fanny pack. As stated in numerous other reviews---the stitching on sleeve cuff has separated and I am forced to sew this back together and wait on the other sleeve to follow suit I suspect. FL apparently does not pay attention to the previous negative reviews regarding the cuff stitching or they would have corrected this situation already.
I absolutely love my sawtooth jacket. Only thing keeping from 5 stars is the wrist stitching came undone (unraveling half the circumference of the wrist) after three hunts on each wrist. I didn't walk through any thick brush or catch the jacket on anything. Living in CA I've used it to hike to put out deer cams as well as a great layer for duck hunting. I stitched up both wrists myself to sturdy it up so they don't come undone again.